01 Aug Pumpkin Seeds, Juice and Soup for Weight Loss – Recipes and Benefits
Looking for a food that can help you shed off some significant amount of calories? You have definitely landed in the right place. Pumpkin is the food of quality. Also known as Kaddu or Petha in Hindi, it is widely consumed as a vegetable in India. This food is known for boosting the overall health and suppressing the hunger with its high-satiety nature. Therefore, it is considered as an ideal food choice for losing weight.
How does Pumpkin help in weight loss?
Pumpkin is natural weight loss food with an understated taste. It can be used to cook a variety of dishes from main course food to desserts.
There are many properties of Pumpkin that leads to the fat loss:
Low in Calories
Raw pumpkin is low in calories, only 26 calories in 100 Grams. Therefore, its consumption can help you lose weight.
Pumpkin is a high-satiety food, which means it keeps you full for a long time. This is how it suppresses the hunger and helps you lose weight.
High in fiber
Pumpkin is a fibre-rich food, which is known for a reduction in fat around the waist and thighs. Eating high fiber food is mandatory to maintain a healthy body weight.
Pumpkin helps in promoting sleep which indirectly helps in reducing weight by managing stress and avoiding emotional eating or overeating.
How to eat pumpkin for Reducing weight?
The best thing about pumpkin is that it can be used to make a variety of dishes that you would love to eat and lose weight with. You can pamper your taste buds with different pumpkin recipes and have a miraculous fat burning in return. Who wouldn’t want to add Pumpkin to their diet when there is so much to it?
Let’s have a look at these effective pumpkin recipes to help you shed off a significant number of pounds.
Pumpkin Seeds Recipes
Pumpkin seeds are considered to be one of the healthiest foods in this world because they come packed with fiber. They are very effective in improving the overall immune system of the body.
How do pumpkin seeds help to lose weight?
Pumpkin seeds might look small but they are highly dense. It means that like Chia seeds, the small quantity of pumpkin can make you full and leave you that way for a long time. Plus they are rich in omega 3 fats which are considered to be healthy fat.
Other Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
Apart from helping in overcoming obesity, Pumpkin seeds offer some other essential health benefits too. They are:
- Boosts the overall immune system
- Maintains good heart health
- Good for prostate health
- Relieves the pre-menstrual syndrome
- Good for liver health
- Possesses anti-inflammatory properties
- Good for diabetics
Pumpkin Seed, Spinach, and Cucumber Salad
- Pumpkin Seeds (1 small bowl)
- Spinach (1 Cup)
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Olive Oil
- In a pan, take 2 tea spoon of olive oil and heat it a little bit.
- Roast spinach leaves for two minutes.
- Take the pan off the flame, cool it down, and add sliced cucumber in it.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and lime juice.
You can eat this salad as pre-lunch or evening time snack to reap maximum benefits.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 bowl pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt the mutter well on low flame and let it heat up a little.
- Add the bowl of pumpkin seeds.
- Roast them until they are a little brown.
- Sprinkle the salt and mix it well.
White Pumpkin To Burn Fat
White Pumpkin too can be a better replacement of typical green pumpkin eaten in India. It is generally used in making pies and pumpkin juices. The recipes made from white pumpkin are very nutritious and promoted weight reduction.
Here are some healthy qualities that white pumpkin possesses:
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Possesses anti-inflammatory properties
- Good for eye health
- Natural anti-depressant
- Boost immune system
- Good for skin
- Provides protection against cancer
- Offers anti-aging benefits
White Pumpkin Juice Recipes
White Pumpkin Juice is a refreshing recipe that can help you lose a significant number of kilos.
White Pumpkin Cucumber Juice
- 2 cups of chopped white pumpkin
- 1 cup of chopped cucumber
- Two glass water
- ½ glass of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Blend ice, pumpkin, and cucumber together to make a perfect puree.
- Add water as needed and blend it together again.
- Add lemon juice and mix it well.
- Serve chilled.
White Pumpkin and Apple Juice
- 2 cups chopped white pumpkin
- 1 cups chopped apple
- Water as needed
- Take the white pumpkin and apple in a tray.
- Wrap them well in aluminum foil.
- Place a heavy utensil over it and bake.
- Take out the baked pumpkin and apple.
- Allow them to cool in the refrigerator.
- Grind them together by adding honey and as much water as needed.
- Put some ice-cubes and your apple-pumpkin juice is ready to be served.
Pumpkin soup Recipes
Pumpkin soup is yet another delicious pumpkin recipe that can burn the fat accumulated deep down your body.
Pumpkin and Cauliflower Soup with Ginger
- Grated onion (1 small bowl)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Chopped Cauliflower (1 cup)
- Grated Ginger (2 teaspoons)
- Pumpkin (1 can)
- Take a saucepan and add olive oil to heat.
- Add grated onion and roast it till its color turn brownish.
- Add cauliflower, ginger, and pumpkin to pan and stir it well.
- Add a little salt, red chili, and black pepper to the pan.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Your soup is ready.
Pumpkin Pancake is a delicious pumpkin recipe that can show amazing weight loss benefits with moderate consumption.
Let’s see how we make it:
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Canned Pumpkin
- ½ Tsp cinnamon
- ½ Tsp ginger
- 1 clove
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- Take a bowl and mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, clove, and sugar in it. You can add a little salt for good taste. Whisk the mixture until it’s even.
- Now mix all the wet ingredients including milk, canned pumpkin, and egg.
- Mix all the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Melt the butter in non-stick pan.
- Start putting batter on the pan (¼ cup for each pancake)
- Cook well from the both sides.
- Serve with the nuts and honey.
Pumpkin Nutrition Facts
Below is the nutritional value of mashed and cooked Pumpkin in the ½ cup (around 120 g):
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Protein: 1 g
Vitamin C: 6 mg
Niacin: 1 mg
Carbohydrate: 6 g
Vitamin A: 6,115 IU
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 1 mg
Calcium: 18 mg
Potassium: 282 mg
Carotenoids: 6,012 mcg
Pumpkin for Weight Gain
Pumpkin might be a great food for overcoming obesity, but the baked Pumpkin food items can have the reverse effect. Yes, pumpkin can make a great fat substitute when eaten in baked form. Apart from baked pumpkin, its seeds are also a great source of protein and fibers which can fulfill your purpose of weight gain.
NOTE - Friends, I am not dietitian or Doctor, I write information here on the basis of my own 25 kilo weight loss experience and sometimes from online research. Please take doctor advice before applying any tip, as each and every human body is different.