19 Feb Amla Juice for Weight Loss and It’s Health Benefits
This post is also available in: Hindi
Amla or Indian gooseberry has been used since ancient times as a ayurvedic medicinal food and for various health benefits. Possessing a number of nutrients, amla is recommended to be eaten every day. Amla is packed with the essential nutrient Vitamin C which is responsible for a number of health benefits. Amla also helps much in reducing obesity. Let’s talk more on this.
How Amla juice helps in reducing weight
Amla has been an effective way of losing weight and the most convenient way to consume amla on a daily basis is through its juice, like Lauki Juice helps. There are a number of nutritional benefits in amla which can help you lose weight quickly and effectively. Many people have gained positive results in losing weight by consuming amla juice daily. So how exactly does amla juice help in losing weight? We have discussed the various weight loss benefits of Gooseberry below.
The most general and effective tip in losing weight is an increases metabolism rate. Consuming amla juice can help you with the same. Drinking Amla juice in morning helps in protein breakdown, which aid in boosting your metabolism, hence speeding up your weight loss process.
Along with a huge amount of Vitamin C, amla also contains loads of antioxidants properties which help in flushing out the toxins and harmful substances from your body. Detoxification is another helpful process in weight loss, which is effectively fulfilled by consuming amla juice on a daily basis.
Promotes good health
Amla helps in improving your digestive system and promotes overall good health. It helps in combating dehydration, keeps your energy levels up and improves your immune system. With reducing fat itself, it also gives you more energy during workout.
Provide More Energy
Amla helps in the synthesis of protein and helps in breaking down food. Hence, it ultimately helps in providing more and more energy to the body, which is quite effective in weight loss.
How to make amla juice
Buying amla juice from different brands can leave you with the threat of preservatives. Amla juice is really easy to make and you can prepare it at home naturally. You just need to follow the instructions given below to prepare amla juice at home.
You will need: 3- 4 amlas, 1 and a half cup water, pepper powder, salt, and honey (optional).
Method: Cut the amlas in small pieces and put it in a blender. Add water and blend it together. Filter the pulp and discard it. Add pepper, salt and honey to the juice and mix well. You can also serve it chilled.
Note: This recipe is suggested to prepare one glass of amla juice per day as it is advised to drink fresh amla juice every time.
How to Consume Amla (Dosages)
You can consume in various forms, by drying it, making its juice or by simply eating it whole. There are certain dosages to be followed when it comes to consuming amla.
- If you are taking amla in the form of juice, then mix one part of concentrated amla juice with 3 parts of water and consume it daily in the morning on an empty stomach.
- If you are consuming after drying it, do not add any salt or sugar and eat it sun dried whenever you feel hungry.
- You can also eat one whole amla in the morning before breakfast to gain its maximum benefits.
Is Patanjali Amla Juice Effective?
Products of the ayurvedic brand, Patanjali have gained a lot of popularity lately due to the usage of natural ingredients and safe manufacturing practices. Amongst them, Patanjali amla juice has garnered a lot of attention. So is it really effective? According to Baba Ramdev who is the founder of the brand, Patanjali amla juice is made up of natural amla and is loaded with Vitamin C which provides a number of health benefits. It has to be consumed within one month of opening the bottle and the daily dosage recommended is 20 ml of amla juice in lukewarm or normal water.
Various users are satisfied with the product and recommend it to others as well. Upon consuming Patanjali amla juice for over a few months, many users have noticed positive results in their skin, hair, improved bowel movement and rapid weight loss.
Aloe vera-Amla Juice – How to make at Home
Along with amla, aloe vera is another medicinal marvel which works wonders on your hair, skin and overall health. Consuming the juice of aloe vera along with amla has a number of health benefits. Aloe vera contains certain anti- inflammatory and anti- fungal properties which treat you skin and hair to produce the best outcomes. Consuming the juice of amla and aloe vera is quite beneficial for weight loss as well. The juice helps in flushing out all your body toxins, speeds up metabolism and combats dehydration. It also helps in keeping you full which allows you to not eat unnecessarily. Follow the method given below to prepare the juice of aloe vera and amla.
You will need: Aloe vera plant, whole amlas, water and blender.
- Cut open the outer stems of the aloe vera plant to gain the gel which it contains. Collect it in a bowl.
- Cut the amlas into small pieces.
- Put the aloe vera gel, amla pieces and some water in a blender and blend to make it into a juice. Consume the juice daily to see maximum benefits.
It is advised to prepare fresh juice within 1 or 2 days since aloe vera can lose its anti oxidant properties within a few days.
Amla with Honey
Honey is another recommended food item for weight loss and other health benefits. Honey contains many fat burning properties which help in effective weight loss. Along with this, it also aids in better digestion, detoxification and boosting metabolism. Consuming honey with amla speeds up the weight loss process and gives effective results.
Dose : You just need to add one tablespoon of honey in your amla juice in the morning to gain maximum benefits.
Amla candies for Better Digestion
These helped me a lot to combat with my health issues. Whenever I feel improper bowel movements, tight stomach, bloating, gas or constipation, I eat 3- 4 candies in a day. It really shows a positive effect. If you feel that 3- 4 candies are not helping, you can eat more. I bought Patanjali’s amla chatpata candy, which is good in taste, refreshes my taste buds and improves digestion. Even my kids love to eat it. If you are suffering from any kind of digestive issues, this will surely help you out.
Amla Powder for Slimming
Amla can also be consumed in the form of powder to boost up your slimming regime. You can easily find natural amla churna, or powder to consume it regularly to lose weight. Mix one tablespoon of Gooseberry powder in lukewarm water and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning. It will help you in boosting your metabolism rate, improving digestion and in keeping you hydrated.
You can also make amla powder at home by sun- drying it for a few days and crushing it in a grinder. You can make this amla powder in a huge quantity and store it for future use.
Amla Nutrition Facts
As mentioned above, amla contains many daily nutrients our body required for weight loss. Its a great deal of Vitamin C along with other essential nutrients. The nutritional facts of amla are discussed below.
100 grams of amla contains:
Carbohydrates: 13.7 grams
Calcium: 25 grams
Vitamins: 600 mg
Protein: 1 gram
Fat: 0.5 g
Iron: 0.9 mg
Minerals: 0.5 mg
Other Health Benefits of Amla
Apart from reducing weight, amla helps in promoting other health benefits too.
- Consuming amla regularly can do wonders for your skin and hair. It helps in slowing down the ageing process, rejuvenates your skin and removes acne. It also helps in preventing hair loss, dry scalp and combats dandruff. It helps in promoting hair growth and provides volume to the hair.
- According to NIH Study, Amla Fruit also helps in dealing with diabetes. It contains chromium which is an essential element in treating diabetes. Some other isolated group of cells which are present in amla also help in secreting insulin, which ultimately helps in dealing with diabetes.
- Amla contains carotene and Vitamin A which helps in improving eye sight as well. It helps in improving nearsightedness, cataracts and reduces intra- ocular tension. Other eye problems which are taken care by carotene are macular degeneration and night blindness.
- It is also effective in treating heart related diseases and controls your cholesterol levels. Amla strengthens your heart muscles which help in smooth blood pumping. Thus, it lowers down the cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of cardiac arrests. Amla also contains iron which is responsible for growth of new blood cells and tissue regeneration, which promotes a healthy heart and overall health.
- Amla contains certain properties which help in absorbing the calcium from the food we eat. It ultimately helps in providing healthy teeth, bones and nails.
- Consuming amla can also help in preventing menstrual cramps at a huge level. Regular consumption of amla in women can lead to an effective treatment of menstrual cramps due to certain minerals and Vitamin A present in amla.
NOTE - Friends, I am not dietitian or Doctor, I write information here on the basis of my own 25 kilo weight loss experience and sometimes from online research. Please take doctor advice before applying any tip, as each and every human body is different.