05 Jul Video 2 – What is Metabolism and how to Boost it
Today we will talk about metabolism; what metabolism is exactly, how it is effective on weight loss and how to increase metabolic rate.
As soon we start searching about weight on the internet, we come across the word metabolism a number of times. And some sites even suggest that weight loss is not possible until you increase your metabolism.
So what is metabolism?
In simple terms, whatever we intake, our body converts it into energy, and uses that energy. This process is known as metabolism. Many other processes of our body are involved in metabolism. But this process is mainly related to weight loss, which helps our body to convert the food we eat into energy, which is calories, and absorb the nutrients from it. Our body uses these calories and nutrition for its working and growth.
It means that is our metabolism is fast, our body will burn more calories, through which e can burn fat and lose weight. That is why metabolism plays an important role in weight loss.
Usually, the metabolic rate of overweight people is slow. Now let’s talk about the,
Top 5 ways of increasing our metabolic rate.
1. The first way is, eating according to our body’s need – Many of us decrease our food intake in order to lose weight. But do you know that eating very less can send our body into starvation mode, and it can slow down our metabolism. This not only stops your weight loss but can also make you sick. So, do not reduce your food intake, but eat more of health and nutritious food, which can help you boost your metabolism.
2. The second way to increase metabolism is Green Tea – Since it contains catechin compounds, it increases metabolic rate and mainly reduces belly fat. Catechins remove the fat from fat cells, which helps our liver to convert the fat into energy, and thus reduces belly fat.
To reduce weight, you need to drink at least 3 cups of green tea, almost 750 ml, only after which it will help you to lose weight.
3. The third way to increase metabolism is Regular Exercise – Exercise increases our metabolism. Practice full body exercises such as aerobics, running, dance, going up and down the steps or any such exercise for at least 15 mins to keep your metabolism fast. And if you can work out in the morning as well in the evening, it can help your metabolic rate to be faster and you can burn more calories.
4. The 4th and most effective way to increase metabolism is consuming Protein Rich Food – Increase your protein intake through which you can build muscles. Built muscles will lead to a faster metabolism. That is the reason males have a faster metabolism as compared to females. The sources of protein for vegetarians are low fat curd, peanut butter, almonds and beans. Weight training exercises, that is, exercises practiced using weights are the most effective way of building muscles. So, build muscles to increase metabolic rate.
5. The 5th way of increasing metabolism is by eating whole green or red chilies – Chilies have some natural chemicals which increase our metabolism for some time. So, use green chilies for 2-3 times in your diet, through which your metabolic rate can be fast throughout the day.
These are just 5 easy ways. There are a number of other ways of increasing metabolic rate such as, eat less portions but more number of times, eat within 20 mins of waking up in the morning, have vegetable soup before sleeping, drink at least 2 liters of water throughout the day and keep your lifestyle active.
This will help your metabolic rate be fast and you can burn regular or more calories, and this will increase the rate of your weight loss process.
NOTE - Friends, I am not dietitian or Doctor, I write information here on the basis of my own 25 kilo weight loss experience and sometimes from online research. Please take doctor advice before applying any tip, as each and every human body is different.