10 Feb Nov17 to Jan18 Update – Lost 3 KG’s
This post is also available in: Hindi
1 Nov to 5 Feb
My current weight – 64 kgs
Total weight lost till now – 26 kgs
Approx weight lost in the past 3 months – 3 kgs
Check my Diet in the End of the Article.
As I told you in the last update, I put on 4 kgs of weight during the renovation of our house. If you haven’t been through this, take a look here.
Now, almost 3 months have passed and I lost 3 kgs. I had assumed that I would be able to lose more weight as I had recently put on a few kilos, but could not. It is taking a lot of time to reduce it.
There are a number of reasons behind it, especially because we are social people, and we keep on getting a lot of troubles and issues in daily life. There are a number of issues which do not allow you to accomplish things which you want.
In this manner, there have been a number of situations which did not allow me to accomplish my goal as I had hoped. Before I talk about it in detail, let me tell you one thing that this process of gaining weight quickly and losing it really slowly has been a habitual lifestyle now. But along with it, I must tell you that due to this long journey of mine,
My body has now been in a cycle that even if I wish for it or not, it cannot sustain the extra weight for long
- I cannot over eat now. I think, the size of my stomach has shrunk and so I cannot eat more quantity during a meal. After eating more, my stomach feels heavy and I do not feel well thereafter.
- I cannot digest unhealthy food such as pizza, burger, samosa, spicy sabji, deep fried foods, etc, which helps you to be a less greedy in eating them.
There are a number of such tiny and similar things which change you and help you to be consistent.
The Biggest Query
Question – Now the doubt is that if you have so many positive aspects, why you cannot lose weight easily.
These are some of the main reasons for it:
- You tend to eat less now but there are certain situations in which you cannot eat quite frequently and thus end up eating fewer calories than required. You are already taking a low calorie diet and if you skip a meal in that phase, you end up consuming even fewer calories which pushes your body into a starvation mode. It lowers your metabolism rate (BMR) and your body automatically burns less energy, which does not allow the stored fat to burn.
- In a special situation, you cannot sleep well and sleeping less is a major problem if you want to lose weight. According to a study, it affects 45% of your weight loss process.
- Eating less and sleeping less together makes you cranky, and adding the slow weight loss process, it makes you depressed. And we have talked a multiple times about it, that depression (stress hormone/ coristol hormone) blocks weight loss. You also gain weight due to emotional eating.
- With low energy, low rest and depression, you tend to workout low as well.
Due to a number of reasons like this, you are not able to lose weight. But yes, if you eat in moderation and stay disciplined, you do not gain weight either. And as soon as situations are in control, you start to lose weight again. I am facing the same situation.
We always face one situation or the other now and again, so this is always going to continue along lifetime. J So you need to prepare your body for the same and no preparation can be achieved without discipline.
Did you Checked yet? Weight Loss Diet Plan for Thyroid Patients
Situations – Part of life – They will come
Now I will tell you about these situations which did not let me lose weight according to what I had hoped.
Till November end, my weight had started to fluctuate. I lost some weight and also gained some. But I thought that I would be able to lose it all really soon. But as we approached November end and winter started to fall, my 4 year old son caught fever and fell ill. And as you know, a small kid falling ill disrupts your entire schedule.
He took one week to recover from his illness, but as I told you earlier, situations keep on arising one after the other. After that, my 8 year old daughter fell sick, which went on for one week long. She couldn’t take 3 of her ongoing half yearly exams. She didn’t feel feverish for 2 days but it returned the day after that.
It was ongoing for a while and the doctor took many diagnostic tests but could not find the problem. She was then detected with typhoid, which took the whole of December and half of January to recover. She could not attend school for a whole month.
With the sickness of my kids, my schedule was entirely disrupted. Staying awake at night, taking the temperature, giving medicines, regular doctor visits and diagnostic centre visits, and most importantly the crankiness of children, all these did not give me the result which I was expecting.
But the good thing was that I could lose some weight even with all that stress. The only reason behind it was that I followed 80% of my diet and thus I lost 3 kgs in these 3 months.
So along with me, you guys must have understood one thing, that even if I wish it or not, I am definitely going to lose weight. And with this hope, I am continuing my journey further. I am going to make changes in my diet and exercises about which I will be sharing it in my next update.
Diet I Followed in last 3 Months
5.15 am – Warm water + coconut oil
6.00 am – Green tea / Cinnamon tea
6.15 am – 1 tsp peanut butter
7.15 am – 5 almonds + 5 walnuts
7.30 am – 1 cup normal tea + 2 biscuits
8.30 am – Coriander juice
11.00 am – Legume salad (boiled kidney beans/ moong/ red beans), approx 20- 25 grams, soaked + 25 grams (tomatoes, onions, green chilies, green coriander, a few curry leaves)
Food during day
1:00 pm – Oats (40 grams, cooked) + 50 grams curd
2:00 pm – Green tea
3.00 pm – Green salad with carrots tomatoes and cucumber
5.30 pm – Green tea (175 ml)
8:00 pm – Half roti + Sabji
9:30 pm – 3 almonds + 4 walnuts
Note* – Didn’t think much about time, It always changes, Just think about the pattern.
Exercise schedule – Started cardio again, tried to work out twice a day but did not succeed.
NOTE - Friends, I am not dietitian or Doctor, I write information here on the basis of my own 25 kilo weight loss experience and sometimes from online research. Please take doctor advice before applying any tip, as each and every human body is different.