19 Mar Lemongrass Tea for Weight Loss – How to make this Home Remedy
Considered to be one of the medicinal plants, Lemongrass consists of a long stalk and is used for a number of medicinal and herbal purposes. Lemongrass Tea us use as one of the best Home Remedy for Weight Loss.
For Weight Loss LemonGrass used as a versatile ingredient, it is used to treat stomach and digestive issues, is used as an oil for aromatherapy to rejuvenate the mood and relive stress, and also serves as a main flavoring ingredient in several teas and similar recipes.
Lemongrass has several other health benefits such as building the immunity system, treating type 2 diabetes, protecting your skin, or helping you to lose weight.
How does Lemongrass Help in Weight Loss?
As I mentioned above, Lemongrass has several properties which help in losing weight. These properties are as follows:
Lemongrass has antioxidant and diuretic properties which help in flushing out toxins from your body. The procedure of detoxification and how it helps you to lose weight has been discussed several times between us. It clears your liver and kidneys of toxins, reduces the fat and cleanses your digestive system at the same time. These help in reduction of body weight.
An important element known as citral is present in Lemongrass which helps in does not let belly fat to grow, and also oxidizes fatty acids in the body. It helps in boosting your metabolic rate, which in turn reduces weight at a faster pace. All these sum up to reduce your weight and fat content in your body.
Regulates cholesterol levels
Excessive weight gain can lead to increase in cholesterol levels, which can cause heart strokes or heart attacks. Drinking Lemongrass tea on a regular basis can help you to reduce your cholesterol levels and thus prevent you from experiencing heart strokes.
3 Ways to Make Lemongrass Tea at Home?
1. With Lemongrass Sticks
Like other Weight Loss Teas, Preparing LemonGrass tea is quite simple. It just takes around 10 minute and you would hardly require 1-2 ingredients.
You will need:
5-7 Lemongrass Sticks
1 cup water
Heat one cup of water, put Lemongrass Sticks in it and let it boil in sim for 10 minutes. Take it off from the stove and strain it. Now its ready to drink.
2.With Lemongrass Tea Bags
Sometime its hard get Lemongrass sticks, so another option is buy Lemongrass tea bags. Boil a cup of water and add tea bag in it for 2-3 minutes. Same way you make Green Tea with tea bags.
Let it steep for a while and drink it warm.
3. With Dried Lemongrass
If you are not able to find Lemongrass tea bags, you can prepare the tea from dried Lemongrass as well.
You will need:
2 tablespoons dried Lemongrass
1 cup water
Heat one cup of water and let it boil. Add 2 tablespoons of dried Lemongrass. Let it steep for a while and then strain it. Drink when hot.
Also View – 20 Indian Remedies for Weight Loss
How much Lemongrass Tea Should I Drink?
The most common and trusted way to know is to consult physician or medical practitioner, due to the lack of research for the same. Start with one cup per day and keep on increasing with each phase if you are absolutely acquainted with it, and if you face no side effects.
Also View – 11 Best Fat Burning TEAS For Indians.
Green Tea vs Lemongrass Tea for Weight Loss
- Green tea is loaded with potent antioxidants which are known as catechins, and helps in flushing out harmful toxins from the body and thus helps in detoxification.
- It also consists of an important element known as EGCG, which helps in boosting your metabolic rate, which helps in burning calories at a faster pace.
- Plus, the caffeine content helps in providing energy and exercise performance to burn more calories ultimately.
- Lemongrass tea also has antioxidant properties, along with diuretic properties which help in detoxification and reduction of fat content from the liver.
- It also helps in increasing metabolic rate, and lowers cholesterol levels, as discussed above.
- And Weight Loss Benefits we discussed in Start of this article.
Both green tea and Lemongrass tea are effective in losing weight. Both have antioxidant properties, an important aspect in weight loss. Also, both increase metabolic rate and increase the rate of calorie burning at a rapid pace. You can also find Lemongrass flavor infused in green tea bags, which is completely beneficial for you.
Health Benefits of Lemongrass Green Tea
- As I told you, Lemongrass is used for aromatherapy to relieve stress and to relieve muscle pain. It is used in the form of oil for this purpose. It is also used in deodorants to fight body odor and to give an appealing aroma.
- Applying Lemongrass on your skin can help in rejuvenating it. It is also used to tighten skin and treats oily skin It reduces acne and oil from the skin.
- Having antiseptic properties, Lemongrass can be used to treat infections such as sores, yeast infections and ringworms.
- Lemongrass is also helpful in treating stomach disorders such as gastric ulcers due to its anti- microbial properties.
- An important role of Lemongrass is that it treats edema, which is preventing water retention from the body.
- Lemongrass has properties which soothe the lining of the stomach and treats digestive issues, which make your digestive system better functioning.
- The antiseptic properties in Lemongrass help in healing scars and reducing fever, which make it an overall healing ingredient.
Lemongrass Side Effects
You should consult your physician or medical practitioner before using Lemongrass to avoid allergies that can be born out of Lemongrass consumption.
Some of the common side effects of Lemongrass consumption include
- Dry Mouth
- Sugar Cravings
- Increase in Urination
Who Should Avoid This
Some of the users need to completely avoid usage of Lemongrass, such as
- Pregnant and breast feeding women
- Patients with low potassium levels
- People with a low hear rate.
3 Best Substitutes of Lemongrass Tea
Weight loss Teas are famous to detoxify the body, increase metabolism etc. If you don’t have Lemongrass sticks or bag then you can drink Ginger Tea, Cinnamon and honey Tea or Peppermint tea, All of these have similar effects like lemongrass tea.
Being easily available and easy to use, Lemongrass is one of the most versatile ingredients, which can be used in a number of forms and for a number of purposes. It also has a number of health benefits.
The bottom line is that Lemongrass tea can be incorporated in your diet daily, which would help you to lose weight and provide with a number of health benefits.
Don’t Forget to Check – Best time to Drink Green Tea for Weight Loss
NOTE - Friends, I am not dietitian or Doctor, I write information here on the basis of my own 25 kilo weight loss experience and sometimes from online research. Please take doctor advice before applying any tip, as each and every human body is different.