12 Jul How to Eat Garlic for weight loss? Recipes and Precautions.
Garlic is one of the herbs that well-known for its potent medicinal properties. Also known as Lehsun in hindi, it has been long known for the treatment of various ailments including the common cold, high blood pressure, heart diseases and the prevention of other serious medical conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia. Now, the scientific studies reveal that garlic can be very effective on the weight reduction too.
Excited, right? But don’t expect miracles to happen. With this, you will need to follow a proper calorie deficit diet with physical workout regimen to make it work, Like I described in my video.
How does garlic help in weight loss?
In November 2011, a study was published in “The Journal of Nutrition” according to which Garlic shows a huge impact on how our body stores fat. Later, it was concluded that garlic has many properties that help in losing kilos.
Let’s find out how garlic helps in weight loss:
- Garlic Stimulates Satiety– This medicinal herb effectively regulates the satiety hormones that keep your stomach full for a long time. That means eating garlic prevents you from over-eating and munching unhealthy snacks by suppressing your hunger. It also reduces the sugar and fast-food cravings significantly.
- It Boosts Metabolism – Regular consumption of garlic helps your body release norepinephrine, which is a neurotransmitter responsible for boosting body’s metabolic activity.
- It Breaks Down the Stored Fat – Eating garlic daily helps the body to inhibit the body processes that help in breaking down the stored fats in the body.
- It Detoxifies the Body – Garlic helps in removing the harmful toxins from the body and helps your body to function properly including the digestion.
How to eat garlic to burnfat?
There are several ways to eat garlic for the purpose of losing fat. I will share some of the garlic recipes that are very effective for weight loss.
Raw Garlic in the Morning
Studies have revealed that eating 2-3 cloves of raw lehsun in the morning helps in reducing the belly fat and overall body weight. It must be consumed on empty stomach.
Here is the right way of eating raw garlic in the morning:
Take 2 peeled-off garlic cloves and chew them on the empty stomach in the morning. Or else you can eat them before going to bed at night.
If you don’t want to chew raw garlic, you can try following method:
- Take 2-3 garlic cloves and peel them off.
- Crush the cloves and leave for 10 minutes to allow the production of allicin.
- Consume it with your meal or salad as a seasoning.
Lemon and garlic water
Lemon and garlic water is yet another effective detox recipe for weight loss. Both of these ingredients are efficient in burning fat and are extremely healthy for your overall health.
Let’s see how to make lemon and garlic water for weight loss:
- One Lemon
- One Glass Chilled Water
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- Take the glass of water and squeeze lemon into
- Crush the garlic cloves and mint leaves. Then put them in the lemon water.
- Stir properly and drink chilled.
Drinking one cup of garlic tea in the morning doesn’t only help you lose weight but also delivers many other health benefits.
- Two Garlic Cloves
- One Cup Water
- ½ Cup Honey
- ½ Cup Lemon Juice
- Keep the water on the flame to boil.
- Cut the garlic cloves into the halves and add them to boiling water.
- Add honey after two minutes.
- Add lemon juice and turn off the flame.
- Stir well and it’s ready to be served.
Ginger Garlic Juice
The juice made with ginger and garlic also shows some great benefits for weight loss. Let’s see how this mixture is created for shed kilos:
- Ginger (1 -2 pieces)
- Garlic (1-2 cloves)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Glass Water
- Black Pepper
- Boil 1 glass water in a pan.
- Add garlic and ginger in it and leave it to boil.
- After boiling for 10 minutes, add lemon and pepper in it.
- Drink hot.
The best time to drink this ginger-garlic juice is in the night before you go to sleep. It will help you boost your metabolism and break down the fat in fat cells.
Garlic with Lemon, Ginger, Cider Apple Vinegar and Honey
You can see, all the Ingredients helps in reducing weight and burning fat. Like Methi-ajwain-black-jeera powder, this drink is very famous online. Weight watchers follow this for faster results.
- 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- 1 Piece of Ginger
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Lemon
- Boil a glass of water in a pan.
- Add garlic and cloves in it.
- Let them boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Put the mixture on low flame and add honey, lemon, and vinegar in it.
- Stir to mix all the ingredients well and drink hot.
Bid Goodbye to Belly Fat with Garlic
Searching for the magic ingredient to turn down the belly fat? Go for the garlic. Like Jeera Spice, Garlic can work as a wonder when it comes to getting a flat belly through diet as it possesses excellent properties to avoid and overcome obesity.
If you want to lose belly fat then start eating garlic today. Scientific studies have proved that garlic restricts fat accumulation in the belly and fight with the belly fat to break it down. Doing a little cardio or running exercises along with it can work as wonder and give you some quick results. Garlic and lemon juice recipe is considered to be best for reduction of stomach fat. You must try and see the effect.
Potential Side effects of garlic
Garlic must be known for its amazing medicinal properties but it is not necessarily good for all the people trying to lose weight. It can show some harmful effects depending on how individual’s body reacts to its consumption. Here are some possible harmful effects of eating garlic:
- Excessive garlic consumption might hurt your liver by creating toxicity in there.
- Eating garlic can cause heartburn and sometimes vomiting.
- Eating garlic during the periods can make the bleeding worse and lead to the excessive flow with a foul
- The consumption of raw garlic can also lead to migraines and headaches.
Therefore, if you want to lose weight with garlic, you must not consume it in excess to prevent the side effects.
Tips, Warnings, and Precautions for Eating Garlic
Here are some of the tips and precautions you might follow to avoid the potential side effects of consuming garlic:
- Consumption of more than 4 garlic cloves can give rise to possible side effects of garlic. So, eat only 2-3 cloves a day.
- Garlic consumption is not good for asthma patients. They must avoid it completely.
- If you have undergone a surgery recently, then do not eat garlic as it can extend the bleeding.
- People with low blood pressure should not eat garlic because it can worsen the situation.
- Avoid junk food to make it more effective for weight loss.
- Heart patients must not consume garlic as it can worsen their medical condition.
Now that you know that how effective garlic can be on weight loss, you must include it in your diet and follow a healthy diet plan and work plan along. Also, follow the instructions and avoid over consumption of garlic to prevent side effects.
NOTE - Friends, I am not dietitian or Doctor, I write information here on the basis of my own 25 kilo weight loss experience and sometimes from online research. Please take doctor advice before applying any tip, as each and every human body is different.